Schmerzklinik Basel is a pioneer in diagnosing and managing pain, making this a leading centre in pain medicine and giving us the opportunity to shape public perceptions in the field. Patient wellbeing always comes first. Our doctors and other staff are experts, providing reliable treatments of the highest standard and tailoring them to our patients’ needs.
Putting people first.
We take a holistic view of our patients as unique human beings and always speak openly with them, showing empathy and respect.
Our goal is to work as a team to provide support to patients suffering from chronic pain, recognising problems early on and then providing a correct diagnosis and effective management. We consider the whole patient – body, soul and mind – in all of this.
We have team discussions with the patient to determine the diagnosis and put together a management plan. Here, we as doctors have an equal say with our colleagues in nursing, alternative practice, psychiatry and physiotherapy.
Our interdisciplinary approach ensures that we are able to meet patients’ physical, psychological and social needs.
We aim to come alongside our pain patients and support them on the road to maximum independence.
Advantages to our patients and to our competitive standing
- We take our patients seriously, listen carefully to them and respect them.
- Our services are targeted to meet our patients’ specific needs.
- We aim to remain competitive by providing good value for money
Responsibility and expertise
- Our strength lies in working together across disciplines.
- Our staff are highly qualified and keep their subject knowledge up to date with regular continuous professional development.
- We use international standards to assess our services on a continuous basis.